Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just Hanging Out Today

A while back I wrote about the great customer service that Fry's Electronics has. I was back there today and it was even better. Going to Fry's for me is like going to Scottsdale Fashion Square for Fran and the girls. I spent more than two hours there today. I walked up and down almost every aisle and saw all kinds of cool gadgets and toys.

I just can't get over how customer focussed this store is. I don't know what kind of training program they put there team through, but I sure would like to get my hands on a copy of their training manual and be a fly on the wall during one of their staff meetings. Everyone is friendly, knowledgeable and always asks if they can do more for you. I have no idea how Fry's does. This would be a good question for my friend Howard Lindzon to answer. I would have to believe that they do quite well.

Since I was out in Tempe getting my fill of testosterone at Fry's, it was only fitting that I stop by Ted's Hot Dog's for lunch. Once again, a place I can't get the girls to go with me to.

You would have thought that they were giving something away there today. The line was to the door. As I walked in I almost turned around and left, when I over heard the women next to me tell someone on the phone that it smelled so good she couldn't turn around and leave. I looked at here and said I could not help but overhear her conversation and I agreed.

I waited in line for almost fifteen minutes and ordered a foot long hot dog and bratwurst with relish, mustard, onions and tomatoes and no bun (trying to lose a little weight).

For those of you who don't know, Ted's is an institution in Buffalo, NY. It is a Family business and Spiro Ted's son moved out here many years ago to open this location. Spiro's son now runs the company from Buffalo.

Like a successful radio station Ted's is focussed. Everything is home made and made to order. Their menu is not deep, but what they have is the best. They have the best hot dogs, brats and burgers. Home made fries, onion rings and shakes are part of the menu too.

In radio terms, the Power records are the Hot dogs and burgers, the re-currents are fries, rings and shakes. The DJ's are the servers cooking over an open flame and then garnishing your sandwich. They are always friendly and are skilled at making your sandwich right in front of you. Just as in any good radio station, it always tastes good and you want to come back for more!

Even though I'm a Chicago hot dog guy, Ted's is #1 in my book!

No comments: