Monday, March 10, 2008

Eliot Spitzer / Payola, Hookers and Karma


The New York Times broke the story today that New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was implicated in a high price prostitution ring.

You remember Eliot Spitzer? He is the former New York State Attorney General who brought all the payola charges against the radio and records industry.

“I have acted in a way that violates my obligation to my family and violates my or any sense of right or wrong,” said Mr. Spitzer, who appeared with his wife Silda at his Manhattan office. “I apologize first and most importantly to my family. I apologize to the public to whom I promised better.”

My friend Howard Lindzon calls it Karma and I agree... The Smoking Gun has the documents. In them, Spitzer is identified as Client-9.

How ironic! You know there is going to be a new song and video out called "Client-9" and I'm sure all the labels will push it!! I know a few dj's that would love to re-mix it too...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael, great to hear your "voice" with the new blog. Love the song I will pass it on. Remember..."Doth protest to loudly", we should have seen this coming for "client 9"...

Paul Anovick in the East...