Sunday, September 7, 2008

Research as easy as 1-2-3

My first job out of college was as the first research director for KNIX radio when they were owned by Michael and Buck Owens.

Michael and Program Director Larry Daniels were very progressive, especially when it came to utilizing research. Not only did they have their own in-house research department, but they worked with the finest and brightest researchers in the country to help them as well.

I am convinced that it was because of the research they did and their expertise in interpreting and implementing the findings, that helped catapult KNIX in to its market leading dominance and consistent ratings triumphs back in the day.

I can remember all of the time it took in planning and developing the studies, then fielding and tabulating it, and finally getting the final results for analysis. It would take months from start to finish!

Things have really changed with the use of internet polling/research. My friend Howard Lindzon posted a question on his blog today experimenting with Polldaddy.com. I checked it out, went to it and within five minutes I had signed up for a free account and developed a short questionnaire and posted it below.

This is a great tool for any broadcaster, marketer, business, non-profit, etc., that wants to get quick and timely information on the fly from their constituents.

The Economy certainly seems to be on top of everyone's mind these days, so here's a simple poll. Please answer it. If you have any thoughts for future polls, leave a comment or send me a note.

By the way, I know the government says we are not in a recession. I'm interested in knowing how you feel.

Thanks... MM

No comments: